ATM & I went to the Crescent City for Thanksgiving holiday as is our tradition. Monday last, my evil, psychotic co-worker approached me and said, "I know you had a good time during the holidays, so you don't even have to tell me about it." I get it. A real snooze. That's why I have a blog, dumbey.
So, we left NLR mid-morning Wednesday and arrived in N.O. around 530 p. We checked into our airbnb accomodations (easy!) and then went over to Collin's to peep his adorable apartment and do a little catching up. 

Proper kitchen tile:
Big shower stall = save water, shower with friends!

The rest of ya's will have to use the tub:

Street view:
From there, we went to Parkway where we proceeded to have the best fried shrimp poboy, gravy fries, and Abita Amber I've ever had in my life. It was so good, that we chowed down in silence. I can easily say that this is my favorite restaurant in New Orleans. I'm not even ashamed to say that we ate there twice during this trip.
We went back to Collin's (after popping into Rouses' to get food + drink supplies) to sit on the stoop to have a laugh + a beer. We sat there and watched bad boys on bikes ride by and an occasional stray cat flitting about and pulling shapes in the shadowy corners of the yard.
Collin saying, "Byeeeeee!"

Collin saying, "Byeeeeee!"

Then, we went to our room. I'm a photo shot away from a snooze here:
Our room was the size of a studio apartment with a little kitchen and bathroom. The very best feature was the private courtyard. It was a very good base of operations.




The next morning, we discovered Le Croissant d'Or a couple of blocks down from where we were staying. Their coffee is really good. Too, they have a cute little courtyard where you can zone out, plan your day, and people watch. If you are staying in Vieux Carre, go here instead of Cafe Du Monde; save that for the late night. (Royal Blend Coffee and Tea House is proper, too.) Croissant d'Or looks like wedding cake on the inside:






After coffee we met up with ATM's mum and stepdad (my in-laws, y'all) at their hotel and tried to go to Felix's for a really light lunch of oysters on the half shell. Unfortunately for us they were closed and we had to settle for Royal House Restaurant, which is still pretty good, but it's no Felix's. After lunch, we showed them our little place and then we split up to get ready for our fancy Thanksgiving feast @ Commander's Palace.






After coffee we met up with ATM's mum and stepdad (my in-laws, y'all) at their hotel and tried to go to Felix's for a really light lunch of oysters on the half shell. Unfortunately for us they were closed and we had to settle for Royal House Restaurant, which is still pretty good, but it's no Felix's. After lunch, we showed them our little place and then we split up to get ready for our fancy Thanksgiving feast @ Commander's Palace.
I love Thanksgiving and I love Commander's Palace so it's only appropriate that I have my Big Meal there. The food, wine + service is exquisite. It's a whirlwind experience with wait staff constantly whizzing by and plates being set down and plates being taken away and bottles of wine being opened. I wanted to finish every tasty morsel placed in front of me, but physically could not. I'll admit that I love getting a little dressed up and having a delicious fancy meal with with more than one fork setting . I can already envision us going back next year. Some details:


Waiting for our table:


Their house wine is quite good. It's creamy?



Bread pudding souffle:


A properly set-up ladies restroom:

ATM:


On Friday, we set out to visit the aquarium. I especially loved the sea otters, sea horses, jellyfish, and rays.




All I could think of was 'death by starfish' while looking at this monster:

Afterward, we popped into Southern Candymakers for some pralines:

I did manage to get some favorite goodies @ LUSH. The one in Memphis is closed (RIP), so whenever I'm in a town with a store, I'm probably gonna go stock up. They are a good company, so I'm happy to show them some love. Too, their products are so good; they perform exactly as they say on the package said the lady with the soft, shiny, fragrant luxurious hair.

And so. Here are some photos:
These are pictures of pictures in the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Public Restrooms (heh):




Un petit Marseille:


Hand-rolled cigars:


Waiting for our table:


Their house wine is quite good. It's creamy?



Bread pudding souffle:


A properly set-up ladies restroom:

ATM:


On Friday, we set out to visit the aquarium. I especially loved the sea otters, sea horses, jellyfish, and rays.




All I could think of was 'death by starfish' while looking at this monster:

Afterward, we popped into Southern Candymakers for some pralines:

I did manage to get some favorite goodies @ LUSH. The one in Memphis is closed (RIP), so whenever I'm in a town with a store, I'm probably gonna go stock up. They are a good company, so I'm happy to show them some love. Too, their products are so good; they perform exactly as they say on the package said the lady with the soft, shiny, fragrant luxurious hair.

And so. Here are some photos:
These are pictures of pictures in the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Public Restrooms (heh):




Un petit Marseille:


Hand-rolled cigars:

Goodies from Sucre:

My coworker was spot on, we did have a nice holiday and I hope that everyone else did as well, even her. You may now commence hall decking and swing right into the next holiday.
Homeward:





1 comment:
I should have punched her in the face before her first bite of Reuben when I had the chance a la SNL Digital Short.
Post a Comment